Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Recipe Wednesday

Recipe Wednesday

Every Wednesday (when I'm not snowed under or forget) I'm going to post a recipe. For those of you who don't know me all that well, I'm one hell of a good cook. I'm pretty well known around my circles as the candy lady, so I'll start there and with an easy one.

Creole Pralines

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup dark (or light) brown sugar
1 stick butter (1/4 pound) do not use margarine
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons corn syrup
4 cups pecan halves
Put all ingredients, except pecans, into a 3 quart saucepan, and cook for about 20 minutes, after boiling starts. Stir occasionally. Add the pecans and cook the mixture until the liquid forms a soft ball when a little is dropped into cold water. Stir well then drop by spoonful on waxed paper. Place a few sheets of newspaper beneath the waxed paper. Allow to harden then wrap in foil or paper.

Next Wednesday: Homemade Snicker Bars

No comments: