Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Meet the Author 9

Today's author: Laure Sorensen
Where do you live?
I live in midwestern West Virginia, Huntington and or Charleston are basically a stone's throw from my porch.
Married/Kids?
I am married for the second and final time to my soulmate, Danny. Between us we have two kids that are mine and three that are his, and one of his has a husband too.
Pets?
Pets, goodness where do I start? I have one indoor-outdoor cat, Oreo, two indoor cats, Addy and Milo, PLUS my stepdaughter and her husband, who are currently living here, have two indoor cats, Doddy and Basket. We then have several outside catd, Ralf, Tabby, Dobbie, Cameo, Dot, Mini Oreo, and Ms. Oreo. Yes, Ms. Oreo is the mother of Mini Oreo and the grandmother of Mr. Oreo. Original, ain't we? LOL
Age?
I am 37 years-young righ now, but I have a birthday coming up, I tell everyone I am only 29...some believe me...LOL
Astrological Sign?
I am a Virgo, to a Tee.
Dream Job?
My dream job would be to be a history teacher in high school, while ALSO doing my professional author bit, it would be like having my cake and eating it too.
Favorite Genre?
Historical Romance
Some Favorite Authors?
Catherine Coulter, Nora Roberts, C. J. Parker, Micki Peluso, Linda Daly, Dan Brown, Jane Feather, Julie Garwood.
Favroite Fictional Hero?
Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind and orry Main from North and South.
Favorite real-life hero?
This one is easy. That would be a combination of four men who have been or are in my life now. Danny, my husband, rescued me from the pits, bringing me up further than I could have ever been alone. My father, Albert Poole, who took me on when he married Mom, accepting and adopting me to bring me into his large family fold. My paternal Grandfather, Amos "Bud" Poole. He was the only one who tried to keep a straight face, while explaining to this 'city girl' that bulls are the cows you DON'T milk. Rest in Peace, Grandpa, I love you still. And last but not least would be my maternal Grandfather, Walter Sorensen. This is a man who has overcome odds, and the death of three wives, yet is still here to tell the story. I adore you beyond words.
Favorite Fictional Heroine?
Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind and Madeline from North and South.
Favorite Real-live heroine?
This one is easy...Mom would be the major one, as she is stronger than she appears, having overcome triple bypass surgery, and all the trials life has passed her way. She goes out of her way to help someone, anyone. She has strong and loving faith in me, and proves it all the time. Another two heroine's for me would be both of my grandmothers. Loretta Sorensen, gone from her earthly binds now for many years, but still very much in my heart and soul. Evelyn Poole, who loved one man all her life and now devotes all her time to family and friends. She is one of the strongest women I have ever known. She loved and accepted me into her family when Dad married Mom, that upon looking through photo albumns much later, she mentioned that she didn't understand why she didn't have any baby pictures of me. We had to remind her that she didn't even know me until I was 5 years old. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
Favorite TV Show?
Supernatural, Charmed, Little House on the Prarie, Touched by and Angel, Nashville Star, America's got Talent, Days of Our Lives, and Hero's.
Lifelong Ambition?
I think my lifelong ambition was to be the best mother I could be. I have two natural children who love me and are very well behaved, for the most part, and three step children who I love dearly, and they even come to me for advice sometimes. So I guess I made it happen.
Where's the Farthest you've traveled?
The farthest I have been would have to be Either England or Okinawa, not sure which one would be farthest away from my current location. My father was in the Air Force, I was about 5 and a half years old when I was in England, and I was 13 when I was in Okinawa.
Your best feature or talent?
My best feature, so I am told are my eyes and smile...as for my talent, I am told that I am a born story teller, which might explain why I decided to become a published author.
Catchphrase or Motto?
Love from the heart is eternal.
Web space or blog link?
www.freewebs.com/lauriesorensen AND http://www.sorensenshorts.blogspot.com/ AND www.myspace.com/nights_salvation And my book can be had from http://www.lightswordpublishing.com/ as well as any fine booksellers online, such as Borders, Barnes and Nobel and Walden Books.
Tell us about your book. Any more in the works?
Ravenwood: Night's Salvation is book one of a series of books which will have a toal of 5 novels and a companion cookbook to complete the entire set. Ravenwood: Storm's Destiny is the next in the series, and hopefully will be turned in to the publisher soon. I have several more books in the works, all in various stages of writing. The back of the book blurb for Ravenwood: Night's Salvation is as follows---Duty, love and passion take flight on the wings of destiny. Compelled by honor and duty, Night Ravenwood leaves the life on the sea he loves to return home after the deather of his brother. As heir to Ravenwood Manor, he finds himself in an arranged marriage and living a life he did not want. When tragedy strikes the newlywed couple, Night finds himself in love with the beautiful and serene Satine, they are tested in every way. Satine vows to make Night understand his destiny is with her while someone is willing to commit murder to keep them apart. Will love or murder shape the destiny of this union?

No comments: