Thursday, January 8, 2009

Have I lot all senses?

Since no one seems to read this blog, I'm going to talk to myself.

Self, have you lost your mind? Are you really considering hosting the 2010 EPICon in New Orleans?

Yes. Thinking about it. But that's all at this point. It would be great for the city. It would be fun. Oh, okay, it would be a lot of work, but the conference would be fun. I'd get to meet a lot of cool people who love the same thing I do. Writing. Reading.

Come on, Self. It would take a full year to set this up. What makes you think you could do it? You're not a coordinator. Shoot you get nervous just planning a small dinner party at your own house.

Yes, but I pull it off. No one has ever died of poisoning. No one has ever said behind my back: Oh, that Charlotte, her dinner get togethers are so boring. And no one says I have to do it by myself. I have friends. I have fellow New Orleans writers. I have... Oh shuddup, other me, I can hear you grumbling under your breath over there. I'm just thinking about it. I've not said yes...yet.

No comments: