Thursday, January 15, 2009

FYI

*Full permission to forward!*
For those of you who may not know, many authors were disqualified from the RITAs this year due to the phrase "mass-produced" being slipped into the rules. That small phrase effectively eliminates all those who are epubbed, but have a print book. There are other inequities in RWA that have yet to be addressed as well. Until now.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ChangeRWA/index.html
I've created the above petition in the hopes of changing these inequitiesfor the better. I intend to present this petition and the garnered signatures at the general meeting in DC this year. Go, sign, and then tell every writer/author you know. Pass it on to your friends, your other writing groups, your chapters, who ever you know that might be interested in seeing these changes occur. I'm counting on you all to help me get a ton of signatures. I'd like at least 1000, but 1500 would make me even happier. Let's let our voices be heard!
Gina
Golden Pen Historical Coordinator 2008

No comments: