Friday, November 25, 2011

November has been one hell of a month for me.
1. My chance to work and learn from a publisher was dashed.  I'm over that, though.
2.  Now here is the heartbreaker.  Sapphire Blue Publishing is closing their doors at the end of this month.  Sapphire Blue was my publisher.  To say I'm down in the dumps is an understatment.  I loved being one of their authors.  Maria and Tina made me feel like part of a family.  They always took time to answer any question I tossed their way and never made me feel stupid for asking.
They gave us back our rights and the rights to the cover art (at no cost to the author). 
What next?  To be honest, I'm not sure.  I'm a writer.  I will write.  But will I sumbit again?  I'm thinking of hiding myself away and writing like a fool.  Writing until I have something great enough for one of the big guys in New York.  Am I good enough?  I don't know.  I want to be.  My heart is there.  I have the determination.  Talent?  That is to be seen, I guess.
Time to give myself my hour of pity party time.  Then back to work. 

No comments: