Saturday, December 26, 2009

Not So Worthless

I was in one of my funks and trying to find a way to get out of it. I think we all have days where we feel basically worthless. So after reading one of my friend's blogs about all the things she could do, I sat down and thought of all the things I was good at. I really didn't think the list would be very long, but here it is:

I decoupage, macrame (Jewlery, purses, wall hangings without patterns. Give me a pattern and I can make anything.), rugs (I can braid room-sized rugs from rags), needlepoint, crochet, quilt, tat, paint landscapes, ceramics (I can pour the slip into the mold, remove, dry, clean, paint and fire. I have my own kiln.), throw pottery, embroider, make homemade candy as good as any you can find in fancy stores, and I can cook just about anything from scratch. I learned in the mid 60s how to make stained glass decorations and windows, but I've not done it in years.

But for the life of me, I cannot sew!

No comments: