Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bone Dance

For those of you waiting for Fugue Macabre: Bone Dance, the second book of the Fugue Macabre trilogy, I've got to apologize and ask you to wait a bit longer.

I was never happy with Bone Dance even once I turned it in. But I put it off as just that little editor on my shoulder giving me a hard time. Then once my editors said, okay, and gave me a cover and release date, I figured I was just being silly. But I couldn't let it go. I kept worrying about it. Something just wasn't right. I knew it was missing something, but I couldn't make my brain wrap around it completely to see what it was.

Then my editor e-mailed me. She said they'd publish it if I was happy with it, but....

Yup, they noticed something was missing too. Being such a wonderful publishing house (Sapphire Blue Publishing), they brainstormed the story at a meeting and handed me the problem then said if you want, you can take a bit of time and fix it or we'll run with it as is. The way they see it, it's a good read, but could be better if I take care of this one little tweak.

Well, my reading friends, I'm tweaking away.

I'm begging for your patience a little longer. I promise you, it will be worth the wait. The story will be stonger and I'll be happier. And most important, you'll get a much better read.

No comments: