Sunday, July 26, 2009

Slow Day

I've had a quiet day. No fires to put out. No workshop schedule to rearrange. No phone calls, so far. Planning of EPICon 2010 is running smoothly at this moment. But tomorrow is Monday.

So far I've signed Holly Jacobs for those of us in the romance genre. Debra Dixion; every writer loves her, no matter their genre. After all, she taught us about Goal Motivation and Conflict. Then we have Deidre Knight, agent extraordinaire. Louisiana's own Deborah LeBlanc will join us. Oh, and we'll even have a forensic Anthropoligist (think Bones, the TV show). And we just had to sign on a CPA to help us understand our taxes.Kim McDougall, Sara Thacker, Jenni Holbrook, Merilyn Meredith, Pauline B. Jones, Lorna and Larry Collins, Lynn Crain, and Jane Bierce are a few of those who have signed up to do workshops.

I'm waiting on word from the BoD on adding a best selling paranormal author. I'll update you on that as soon as I get an answer.

For those of you who don't know, EPICon will be in New Orleans, March 4-7, 2010. It will be held at the Sheraton New Orleans and if when you book you tell them you're coming for the EPIC conference, the room will be $139 a night instead of $169.The Web site should be up in a few days, and I'll post it here as soon as I have it.

My mail box is empty, the phone is still quiet, I think I'll go watch a bunch of grown men race cars in a circle.

No comments: